Thursday, May 24, 2018

No Tobacco day Cancer Educative Questions and answers


1. Does Tobacco cause cancer? I don’t believe. Is there any proof for that?
Ans: Yes, both smoked and chewable forms of tobacco consumption are associated with cancer. Internet is flooded with articles proving the association of tobacco and cancer. You can go through that. Or else, have some faith on your doctor, government and even on the tobacco industries, who indicate the statutory warning on the wrapper “tobacco kills”.

2. What are the common malignancies associated with tobacco consumption?
Ans: Cancers of head & neck area, lung and gastrointestinal tract are commonly associated with tobacco consumption.

3. I am an occasional smoker. Am I at risk of cancer?
Ans: Yes. Definitely you are.

4. I am having constipation; tobacco helps me a lot to relieve that every morning. It also helps me to overcome indigestion. Would it be wise to quit?Ans: Tobacco is not an approved drug for constipation or indigestion; rather it is a slow killer, killing you slowly with a painful death.

5. I do not smoke, but my father/ brother/ friends do that. Thank God, I am safe.
Ans: Who tells you that you are safe? You are smoking passively, if you are there with them during smoking.



6. I feel relaxed by taking tobacco. How can I quit that!
Ans: There are other methods of relaxations you can choose. Tobacco is not the only method, rather it is a risky business too.

7. Now I am afraid of cancer as I am a chronic tobacco user. What to do?
Ans: Quit tobacco use. Consult your physician first. Get yourself evaluated.

8. I am a chronic tobacco user. What are the symptoms to worry for.
Ans:
1> Whitish irremovable patch inside oral cavity- Leukoplakia.

2>Reddish irremovable patch inside oral cavity- Erythroplakia.

3> Repeated mucositis.

4> Reduced mouth opening- Submucous fibrosis.

5> Bleeding from oral cavity while brushing teeth.

6> Painless ulcers in oral cavity.

7> Swallowing difficulty.

 8> Hoarseness of voice.

9> Prolonged cough.

10> Blood in sputum.

11> Breathing difficulty.

12> Blood in vomitus.

13> Black stool or frank blood in stool etc

Read more about Tobacco disease visit at https://nayatihealthcare.com/about-nayati/nayati-hospital-agra/

No comments:

Post a Comment